‘Springify’ Your Home
With the arrival of spring and longer daylight hours, you may find yourself gazing around your home, longing for a decor refresh. With these tips, create a welcoming and cheerful atmosphere that will make your home feel like spring.
- Add some fresh flowers or plants: Bringing in some fresh flowers or plants is a simple and effective way to add spring colour and vitality to your home. You can choose your favourite spring blooms, such as daffodils, tulips, or hyacinths, or opt for some low-maintenance houseplants that will thrive indoors.
- Switch up your decor: Change out your heavy winter throws and pillows for lighter, brighter colours and patterns. Add pastels, floral prints, or nature-inspired accents like birdhouses or nests.
- Let in natural light: As the days get longer, make the most of the extra daylight by opening up your curtains and blinds to let in as much natural light as possible. This will help to create a bright, airy atmosphere that feels like spring.
- Bring in some scents: Fragrances like lavender, jasmine, and citrus can help to evoke the fresh, clean scent of spring. You can use essential oils, candles, or diffusers to add pleasant aromas to your home.
- Declutter and deep clean: Spring is a time of renewal, so take the opportunity to declutter your home and remove any items you no longer need or use. A deep clean will also help refresh your home and prepare it for the new season.
Overall, making your home feel like spring is all about bringing in fresh colours, scents, and textures that reflect the natural beauty and vitality of the season.
~ John O'Donohue
“When one flower blooms, spring awakens everywhere.”