At Avalon Homes, we believe in building relationships with our customers. These relationships are built on trust and respect; we believe this is how a business should be operated. Part of establishing trust and respect is done by telling you what information we will require from you, how this information will be handled and how this information will be kept safe. We know your personal information is a valued asset, and we want you to know we will treat it that way.
The purpose of the following information is to inform you of the following:
- Our information handling practices
- The Reasons for these practices
- Security steps in place to protect your information
- Your role in controlling your own personal information
- Collecting Personal Information
At Avalon Homes, we collect personal information to serve your needs better. Whether purchasing products and services from us or obtaining warranty work, we are here to ensure you get everything you need.
In order to provide you with our wide variety of services, products and promotions, we may collect the following information when necessary:
- Contact and mailing information such as name, address, telephone number, fax numbers and email address.
- Employment information, credit information and personal references of those applying for credit.
- The plans, specifications and other particulars about the home being built for you.
- Insurance information.
- Municipal and legal descriptions for your home.
- Any other relevant information which is necessary to provide you with our products and services.
Depending on the circumstances, we may need to collect other personal information, but we will ask you directly and ensure you agree.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information
Like you, we at Avalon Homes value your personal information. Part of valuing your personal information is making sure that it is protected and kept confidential. We achieve this by:
- Having our employees sign a confidentiality agreement
- Keeping our records in locked filing cabinets
- Having up-to-date computer security, such as passwords that must be changed every couple of months, encryption and firewalls
- Where third parties are hired to assist us in providing products and services for your home, we have the sign a privacy and confidentiality agreement to ensure that they protect your personal information.
Updating Your Personal Information
Avalon Homes will do its best to ensure your personal information is correct and current. We will keep your information for as long as necessary to continue to meet your customer needs and any legal requirements that we may have. Once your personal information is no longer needed, we will destroy it.
If your personal information changes, please inform us of the change and any other information you feel is necessary.
Controlling Your Personal Information
We believe establishing trust and integrity involves allowing you to control your personal information. As such, we will collect information about you on a voluntary basis. However, in some circumstances, before we collect personal information from you, we will have you complete a consent form, which authorizes our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
If you have any questions or concerns about handling your personal information or wish to withdraw your consent, please get in touch with Rachael Roulston at Avalon Homes at (403) 226-3485 or email at email@example.com.
Accessing Your Personal Information
Avalon Homes provide you with the opportunity to access the personal information that we hold. Our policy is to ensure that customers receive one complimentary copy of all their documents to keep in their own personal files. If you require another copy of such information or further information, please get in touch with Rachael Roulston at (403) 226-3485 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that a nominal fee may be charged based on the volume of information requested. A photocopy of all information will be made available within 15 business days of a request.
If you have more questions about your privacy rights in Alberta, please visit the website of the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner at www.oipc.ab.ca