What We Offer
Avalon Master Builder is leading the way in building energy efficient townhome communities in Calgary and area. Our recently completed Net Zero townhomes in Seton set the standard for what’s to come. We offer a competitive compensation package with opportunities to grow your career. Our employees enjoy extended health care coverage, including dental, prescriptions and disability insurance. We encourage and support education and training to help employees further their career goals. Avalon also encourages a healthy work-life balance that works for the employee and Avalon.
Employment Opportunities at Avalon
Construction Site Supervisor
Avalon Master Builder is growing, and we’re looking for great people to join our team of home-building professionals. We are currently seeking a Multi-Family Construction Site Supervisor to join our team, leading projects across Calgary and surrounding communities. This is your opportunity to take your career to the next level as we lead the industry in building affordable and efficient homes.
- Coordinate project schedules with subcontractors, consultants, vendors, and inspectors to complete each project in the specified time.
- Supervise subordinate staff in their duties. Assign and prioritize work performed by site staff and temporary workers.
- Teach and mentor subordinate staff.
- Hold weekly schedule coordination meetings with all subcontractor foremen to outline requirements of work completion and other issues as may be required, including but not limited to manpower requirements, interference coordination, inspections, and sequence of work. Distribute three-week look ahead schedules and communicate schedule requirements with all subcontractors.
- Implement, monitor, and drive the project schedule. Promptly notify the management team of schedule and performance issues.
- Be proactive in anticipating potential problems that may impact the project’s performance.
- Monitor work and materials to ensure quality control standards are met at various stages of the project.
- Manage the Company Health, Safety and Environmental program as outlined in the Company Safety Manual and provide safety and accident reporting as required on projects under your prevue.
- Communicate with the project team and support each subcontractor to execute his duties effectively and efficiently through proactive planning and diligence.
- Initiate RFI’s to address issues with the interpretation of plans and specifications, missing information, incorrect details, incomplete information, and other issues that require the direction of the Architect and Engineers.
- Perform inspections or schedule inspectors to meet each job location’s varying safety and compliance regulations.
- Maintain a written daily log of visitors, job actions performed, materials expended, and problems resolved on the job site.
- Travel between multiple job sites and simultaneously manage workloads of individual projects.
- Support subordinate Staff, Trades and Customer Experience Teams.
- Identify and resolve problems and conflicts, organize meetings and cooperate with team members in various roles as necessary.
- Responsible for quality control in monitoring the work, its adherence to construction documents, and project requirements.
- Set an example in keeping the job site organized and clean, including meeting standards for waste disposal and environmental protection.
- Ensure the project workflow system and schedule are always updated.
Your Attributes and Experience
The role of the Site Supervisor is for a dynamic individual eager to continually learn and expand on their experience and grow in their career. The ideal candidate has a passion for building and has a background that includes carpentry.
- 5 years experience as a multi-family construction superintendent
- Knowledge and understanding of civil site works (deep and shallow utilities and land surface construction)
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel
- Proficient with scheduling software
- Proficient with taking and uploading digital photographs
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to interpret and build according to drawings, specifications, and other documents
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A cool head when confronting challenges
- Outstanding organizational skills
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.